Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My Life as a Coder by Janet Tashjian & Jake Tashjian

My Life as a Coder (The My Life series): Tashjian, Janet, Tashjian ...Derek is given a present. A laptop! With no internet or games! Best present ever, right? (I think so) The only way Derek can do games on it is if he codes them himself. He enrolls in a coding class taught by his school’s lunch server! When a few catastrophes happen, Derek finds out that he was unknowingly helping. Derek has to frame the mastermind all while pretending to help her.

I liked the places on the sides where there were drawings to explain some of the harder words. I also like what his parents did with the laptop (I wish that my parents did that to me) This is a funny coding adventure and I really liked reading it. I would recommend this book to parents who want their kids to try something new... and to kids who are in probably 3rd grade and up.

No comments: